Reftek Systems is looking for an experienced, versatile Test Engineer/Technologist interested in the opportunity to join a world class manufacturer of earthquake monitoring equipment.
Reftek is a world renowned designer and manufacturer of earthquake monitoring equipment for seismic networks and structural monitoring (www.reftek.com). Our equipment is used the world over by seismologists and structural engineers to monitor seismic networks and structures such as buildings bridges and dams.
Reftek was recently moved from Texas USA to Dartmouth NS Canada where the head office and manufacturing are located.
- Testing of seismic recorders, seismometers and accelerometers
- Design and modify test procedures for products.
- Work with Engineering to prototype and test new product designs
- Troubleshoot existing product designs
- Support manufacturing department in all areas of testing and manufacturing
- Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent engineering discipline with 5 years minimum experience
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Experience with digital and analog electronics
- Ability to prioritize and manage workflow under tight timelines
Experience in the following would be considered an asset:
- electronics CAD tools including schematic and PCB layout
- Inspection of PCB’s
- Creating manufacturing documentation and procedures
- Working independently, as well as effectively within a team
- Having a high level of organization, with the ability to prioritize tasks
Reftek offers a competitive salary and benefits package based on experience and history of performance. If you have a passion for electronics, troubleshooting and new product design, we would love to hear from you! Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]